Karen Stultz and I discuss the mechanics of the aura and how it helps you…
Is Your Procrastination a Blessing or a Curse?
We live in a culture that values working hard to get things done. Taking action is high on the priority list. Those who push themselves to take action even when they don’t feel like it are often admired by others. The belief is “Success comes from working hard. If you are not successful it’s because you are not working hard enough.”
Success actually has nothing to do with working hard. Success is more about doing the right things at the right time in the right way. Of course we need to take action if we want to achieve our goals. But there are times when not taking action can help us achieve our goals in a more efficient enjoyable way than putting our nose to the grindstone and pushing ourselves to “get it done”. Knowing when it is opportune to act and when it is not requires tuning into our gut intuition that connects us with the greater creative flow. This requires listening to our soul rather than our culturally programmed “shoulds”. Struggle, pushing, and lack are not in harmony with the energies that manifest abundance. Our desires manifest most quickly when we are feeling joyful, relaxed and at peace: in other words, when we are in harmony energetically and emotionally with receiving them.
I recently spoke with Jessica, a health coach. Jessica was getting very frustrated with herself and her business. She had created a whole long list of videos that she wanted to put together and post on social media to help market her business. But for some reason Jessica kept procrastinating. The week would go by until Friday when she would force herself to do one video. It was agonizing — she could not figure out why it was so hard for her to get these videos done. What was most strange to her was that she actually enjoyed making the videos so it made no sense to her why she would procrastinate in doing them.
When I looked at Jessica’s energy field it soon became apparent what was going on. Jessica had some dark red in her throat. This color indicated a conflict in her will center around how her soul wanted to direct her energy versus what her cultural programming taught her was safe.
As we talked further Jessica talked about her upbringing and how her parents always had to work hard to make ends meet. She was raised with a very strong work ethic that equated hard work with making money and success. I said to Jessica “Your soul want you to use your energy in a more fulfilling way than how you were raised to use it. This is creating a lot of conflict in your energy system. It may be what is making you procrastinate.”
Jessica recognized that she was resisting creating the videos because subconsciously it felt unsafe to use her energy doing something she enjoyed when her goal was to make money. Subconsciously she believed that the only way she could be successful and make money was by forcing herself to do things she didn’t like. Subconsciously it felt irresponsible and almost dangerous to make the videos. Consequently she resisted doing exactly the thing she needed and wanted to do to market her business.
Jessica realized this was a big shift for her in how she perceived “working on her business”. She needed to give herself permission to have more fun and do those things she enjoyed doing. This would not just energize in her marketing activities but also create the kind of positive energetic state that would attract her ideal clients.
When I next spoke with Jessica she was ecstatic. She told me “You won’t believe what happened. I went on vacation and got three new clients completely out of the blue last week! What you told me really helped. It made me realize I needed to take some of this pressure off myself. I need to let myself have more fun growing my business–it actually helps my business! ”
Tuning into our gut intuition that connects us with the greater creative flow requires listening to our soul rather than our culturally programmed “shoulds”. When we are “pushing the river” we are not in harmony with the energies that manifest abundance. Our desires manifest most quickly when we are feeling joyful, relaxed and at peace because these are the feelings that match the energy of our state of having received them.
Here are some tips to help you work with the greater creative flow so you can achieve your goals faster, easier, and more enjoyably:
1. Make sure you’ve set a goal that speaks to your soul. Some clues that you are on target: 1. you get a pleasant warm feeling inside when you think about it 2. this is what you really want, not what will make your parents proud or impress your friends and, 3. it makes you stretch. (Yes, your soul wants you to go beyond your current limits.)
2. Train your gut intuition to sense creative flow. Tune into the sensations that are present in your stomach and abdominal area. Then ask yourself how it feels to move ahead with that project or decision. Is there a feeling of excitement, openness, and energy? This is a sign your soul wants movement in that direction.
3. If you feel like you are putting in a lot of effort and beating your head against the wall, take a break. Do something fun to relax your mind. Take a walk. Do some yoga. Go to the cafe. This will rejuvenate your energy and often give you some fresh inspiration.
4. Be open to how the universe is re-directing you. Remember creativity is a zig-zag process. If you feel uninspired to keep moving forward, it might be a sign that your direction needs to change. Don’t be too rigid about pushing yourself to stick to your original plan. You will want to modify it as better ideas reveal themselves. Be open to new ideas and new ways of doing things. Sometimes the best ideas come from unexpected places.
5. Program your subconscious mind to be 100% on board with your goal. If you have a strong desire to manifest a goal and you find yourself resisting and procrastinating, your subconscious mind could be hitting against a culturally programmed block. You need to re-program your subconscious so it is in alignment with manifesting your goal. My Aura Power Tool Kit can help you identify and release hidden subconscious blocks. You can download it free here.